III° Summer Marathon 2014 stops at Lake Como
The Summer Marathon is an international vintage rally that sees more than 150 pre-1971 cars race the clock across the famous mountain passes of Stelvio, Tonale, Gavia, Foscagno, Forcola and Bernina with opening and concluding ceremonies held in the picturesque alpine resort town of Bormio.
This year the race will stop at Lake Como, and more precisly Colico will be protagonist of the second stage:
Antique cars that have made the history of motor racing will stop in the beautiful Piazza Garibaldi and parade along the waterfront in this beautiful picturesque and panoramic location. The parade will take place on
Saturday June 14th from 11.50 am to 1pm
Cars will be coming from Chiavenna, there will be then a stop for a break in Colico and after that an execution of three time trials will be conducted in the area of the Tourist Office. After that they will continue to Val Masino, Sondrio, Poggiridenti, Teglio, Tirano, there will be another stop for a snack at the “Cantine del Palazzo Conti Sertoli Salis, Forcola Pass, to finish the stage in Livigno.
The entire programme is a perfect balance between sport, food and wine tourism, exclusive landscapes, high standards of the hotel facilities, everything managed by the professional and hospitable Organization. It surely will be a Great Event in the name but especially in the facts.
Here are some of the protagonists already registered for the marathon:
– 1925 Bentley 3 Litre belonging to Luca Patron
– 1932 Lanchester belonging to Ermes Formilan
– 1933 Aston Martin Le Mans belonging to Roger Suter
– 1934 Riley Alpine Trial Gamecock belonging to Luigi Carlini and Michele Cozzi
– 1935 Lagonda M45 Rapide belonging to Bernd and Constanze Freiling (photo)
– 1951 Ermini Sport Siluro belonging to Darren Morcombe and Chiara Montalbetti
– 1955 Alfa Romeo 1900 SSZ belonging to Paolo Carlini and Alberto Martegani
An opportunity not to be missed for connoisseurs, collectors, enthusiasts and people who simply appreciate the opportunity to get up close to such stunning motors. You can find details and the full programme on the official website www.summermarathon.it.